Sunday, January 18, 2015

Bitter November

It's Sanctity of Life Sunday, and here's my story.  About twelve years ago we were trying to adopt a baby.  My husband and I worked with a girl who made it her mission to find us one.  She went to school with a girl who found herself very unexpectedly pregnant so our friend, Brie gave her our adoption profile.  It was a booklet our adoption agency had us make with pictures and information about ourselves to give to birth moms to look through as they struggled to give their babies their best chance at life.  We knew that she received it and looked through all our pictures.  Unfortunately, Brie had to tell us that her friend decided to have an abortion. It was heart wrenching to know that it was going to happen and we were completely powerless to stop it.  This girl cheated on her boyfriend and got pregnant and she didn't want anyone to know, especially her boyfriend.  The abortion happened the day before Thanksgiving. I wonder if I'll meet this person in Heaven some day.  I wonder what I'll say.  Every year I quietly grieve this loss of life as we all gather together to eat our Thanksgiving meals. I wonder if anyone else grieves for this baby.  He or she would be about twelve now and could have been one of my own- my oldest, but instead....

No comments:

Post a Comment