Thursday, April 6, 2017

Conflict between Christians

Conflict between a Christian and non Christian is easy- you show them grace and respond with  truth in love with a humble spirit. Why is it so difficult when conflict arises between two believers? The response should be the same. What if one demonstrates these qualities while the other reacts in anger and pride, unwilling to be a part of restoration? I think it's because we want justice. It's easier to show mercy toward someone who doesn't know better and demand justice from someone who does.  It's not wrong to be angry when justice is not brought about. God demands justice and we are made in His image. It is our responsibility to live at peace with all as much as it depends on us, which means sometimes we do our part and it's not possible. This is when we need to remember that God is our avenger who brings about justice, but He is also a God of mercy. We have to let it go at that point.

I'm struggling through this now. Not with anger toward another person. I know he felt he dealt with the situation properly. He didn't. He didn't deal with the problem when it became a problem for him. He let it go for a long time and held on to the anger and resentment. When he finally did address the issue out of necessity he was filled with pride and lacking in grace. It was as though his imagination engulfed his humility and ran away with him. I prayed before I responded . I owned my part and apologize. It's not the conflict that bothers me, because there will always be conflict at some point and it's not his sin that bothers me because I sin all the time. It's the inability to have restoration. I feel sorry for people that throw away friendships so easily when there could easily be restoration. if it wasn't for pride. I had been praying and reading my Bible and God told me," You did what you could to restore peace, You did not repay evil for evil, you did not tell him to get the beam out of his eye, (even though I knew you wanted to), you are not trying to avenge yourself, and you rejoice in the hope of restoration in the future. You can never  bring about justice until one's anger is made right and that is beyond your control when it is not you. Are you trying to gain the approval of ME or man? Be at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment