Tuesday, December 31, 2013

All You Need is Love

I'm currently reading the book, "Running Scared" by Edward Welch. I came across the sentence -"Sometimes we are anxious about the future because there is no larger agenda that occupies us in the present. Love, however, is an expansive agenda." This came at an interesting time. I had just finished celebrating my birthday by spending my money on random acts of kindness.  I could see the truth of this statement in my life. When my focus was on loving others by showing acts of kindness- thinking and praying about the recipients, my anxiety about life was gone because love was greater than my anxiety. When my birthday was over and all my cards were given out and life returned to normal, I became more anxious and discontented with my circumstances and where I am in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment