Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Reflections From The Mud Puddle

As I was running this morning I noticed a big puddle on the ground. It looked so pure and pristine reflecting the clouds and the sunshine, but then when I got closer and looked past the reflection I noticed it was just an ugly, ordinary, unimportant mud puddle. I'm a lot like that mud puddle. There is no good in me apart from Christ, and even the good that I do is motivated by ugly motives more often than I would care to admit. The mud puddle by itself is contaminated and unsightly, but it's transformed to heights of beauty and glory when it becomes a reflection. People shouldn't see me when they look at me; they should see Someone greater. I should be a reflection of the beauty of Christ the way the mud puddle was a reflection of the beauty of the sky.

"For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out."- Romans 7:18

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in Heaven."- Matthew 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment