Tuesday, November 8, 2011

That Was Intentional

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10

Genesis is one of my favorite books of the Bible for many reasons. One reason is the creation story. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."  I like looking at the sky because it reminds me of God's unfathomable power. The sky makes me think about the dramatic moment He created the universe. Sometimes I look at something really simple and start thinking about how complex it is. God put so much thought and creativity into everything He made. He intentionally designed everything for a specific purpose. He put even more thought into creating me. He imagined me and then created me, like he did everything else, and He loves me more than I could ever understand. Sometimes I live as if I were created without purpose. I forget that I was created intentionally like the rest of creation. He gave me my personality, talents and abilities for a reason. The things I enjoy, my hobbies and interests even my oddities;  all the things that make me, me were intentional. The things that I love; the way that I love were all part of His design. He put so much thought into each one of us to equip us to do the good works that He also prepared for us. He gave each of us us creativity to express in different ways. Isn't it amazing how He has a unique relationship with each of us? I love to think about how the all-powerful God who created the universe was the same God in human form who sat around with Mary, Martha and Lazarus talking and laughing in their home. Can you imagine knowing Him in that way! I wonder if they realized how special it was for them to be alive at that time, in that place. It humbles me to look up into the sky and think about the personal attention He gives me and the grace He shows me every day in the midst of my pride and selfishness. This is something I like to think about often and I hope I never get over it. I think when I finally see Him face to face there will be something so familiar about Him. It will be perfect love completely fulfilled.

"She knew she was formed by His hands, dreamed up in His heart, and placed in this world for a purpose."

No comments:

Post a Comment