Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just Follow Your Heart

We constantly hear the phrase, "just follow your heart", but the Bible says the heart is deceitful. I think we hear it so much that sometimes we make decisions based on our feelings. Just because we have a peace about something doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. We tend to determine God's will for our lives based  on our feelings or our hearts. When I have to apologize to someone, or confront someone, I don't have a peace, but I know it's right. Sometimes God wants us to go out of our comfort zone and that is anything but peaceful! I was recently talking to someone about music and she said she determined if a style of music was sinful by whether or not she felt guilty by listening to it. We give far too much authority to our feelings or our hearts than we do the Bible or godly council.

No comments:

Post a Comment