Thursday, January 26, 2012

Just Say "No"...or Maybe Just "Wait"

"Taking of responsibilities that are not on God's agenda for this season of our lives = unnecessary stress and frustration." Nancy Leigh DeMoss

I think a lot of moms can relate. We often get ambitious and take on too much responsibility. Even though all the things we're involved in are good things; it's just too much. We begin to feel stressed and frustrated and guilty that we can't keep up with it all. Sometimes we need to step back and put some good things on hold for another season.

I work three mornings a week and it's a perfect balance for me right now, but sometimes I think I can take on more. When I do, something always suffers. There will be moments of stress, but life should not be stressful. There have been times when I've had to cut back on work, in order to get enough exercise, provide a clean and orderly environment for my family and give them the quality time they need. If I can't provide those things, I know my priorities are not right.

We need to really be careful about doing God's will at the wrong time, because the things God wants us to do now will suffer, and we can never go back. God doesn't want us to do everything, but He wants everything we do to be His will in the right season of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment