Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Book List

These are a few of my favorite Christian books.  Someone recently asked me for a list of recommendations, and I thought I would share that list with all of you.


The Genesis Record by Morris
This is a scientific commentary, and reads more like a novel. Genesis is my favorite book of the Bible.  The science and history in this book make the characters and places more real.

Respectable Sins by Bridges
If you think you are a good person, read this book. You aren't.

The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus
This is a great book to read when salvation starts to feel really complicated. I love this book because it reminds me of the simple message of the Bible and allows me to see the Bible as a whole and not a lot of short stories put together in one book.

Having a Mary Heart In A Martha World

The Case for Christ by Strobel
This book was written by a former atheist who set out on an investigation to disprove Christianity.

One Thousand Gifts by Voskamp-
This is a beautifully written book about being thankful for all the little things and seeing the blessings God places right in front of you.

The Pursuit of God by Tozer


Leading Little Ones to God by Schooland
This is a great book to read to your kids when they start asking tough questions like, "Why can't I see God, How can God be everywhere at once, Why does sin have to be punished, What is baptism, etc." The author does an excellent job explaining these subjects in a way that a child could understand.

The Pharisees' Guide to Total Holiness by William Coleman
I really liked reading about the history of the Pharisees. This book gave me a better understanding of them and made me see better how we all have a pharisee living within ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment