Saturday, September 10, 2011

What I Really Think of my Wedding Ring

   I love my wedding ring. I especially like to admire the diamonds and sapphires when they sparkle in the sunlight. It's the most beautiful thing I own. I watch the light reflect off my ring as I turn it slightly, and my mind leaves the cares of this world and goes to Heaven. The Bible talks about sapphires and other gems when describing Heaven. I begin to wonder what heavenly sapphires must look like. He knew the things he created in this world wouldn't last forever. Maybe he saved his best creativity for his creation in Heaven.
   I wonder if this earth is a shadow of greater things. When I see a rainbow I wonder if there will be rainbows in Heaven that will be a thousand times more spectacular. I wonder if the most beautiful things of this earth will seem dull in comparison to greater versions of them in Heaven. We are made in the image of God; maybe Earth is made in the image of Heaven.
   I love that I have a constant reminder of Heaven always with me.

"The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with every kind of jewel. The first was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald,"  Rev. 21:19

No comments:

Post a Comment